POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got it! w00t! : Re: I got it! w00t! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I got it! w00t!
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 19 Feb 2010 09:54:41
Message: <4b7ea631$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b7e9e21@news.povray.org...
> Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
>> I guess you will all have to put up with me blogging about my new
>> computer.
>
> Don't worry about it.

As if you had any right to complain.  LOL!

>> Temps: I was in my basement, where it was perhaps 60F-65F last night.
>> With no overclock, the system was idling at about 24C.  That's crazy
>> cool.  OC'd to 3.3GHz, it was idling at 28C and hit 56C under load.  I
>> really didn't monitor the temps very much, though, so it's possible that
>> they went a bit higher.
>
> I'm loving the arbitrary mixture of Celsius and Farenheit.

I actually noticed that when I typed it up.  CPU temps, I think about C, but
ambient/room temps, I think of F.  I guess that's how we Americans are...
Perhaps I should also mention that the CPU cooler is about 6 inches high,
leaving my case with only about 1 cm of clearance.  ;-)

>> Fun!
>
> Indeed.
>
> It's when you try the POV-Ray beta's realtime raytracing with video
> underlay that it gets exciting...

Yeah.  I was really tempted to download POV and do some testing, but it was
past midnight, and I knew for certain that I would not be able to walk away
once I started playing with POV.