POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pricing : Re: Pricing Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pricing
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Feb 2010 07:16:11
Message: <4b7d2f8b$1@news.povray.org>
>> The recruiters seem awfully keen to know what I make now and "what my
>> expectations are".
>
> Crikey! Whatever you do don’t tell the truth. Multiply what you get by
> at least 1.5.

Well, I don't have to tell them what I make now. But it seems reasonable
for them to ask what I'm expecting to get paid - so I need to come up
with a number.

Unfortunately, it seems I either pick a number that's too high and they
say "sorry, the job we were going to offer to you doesn't pay that
much", or a number too low and I end up getting less money than I should
have.