POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Most up to date landscape generator ? : Re: Most up to date landscape generator ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most up to date landscape generator ?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Feb 2010 04:16:40
Message: <4b7bb3f8$1@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4b7aa47193a56a007c139aae0@news.povray.org...

> Yes, Thomas, I have tried PovTree, but the only version (1.5) I could find
> (on
> the internet archive)
> http://web.archive.org/web/20051101175949/propro.ru/go/Wshop/povtree/povtree.html
> ....has greyed out export possibilities. That's too bad because it would
> have
> alowed me to generate a dummy mesh for the purpose of growing Ivy and a
> higher
> res blob based tree for rendering.

That is strange, because my copy of 1.5b (1) saves to blobs and (2) exports
to POV-Ray mesh (mesh2 and obj are greyed out; they were supposed to be
further implementations by Gena, which he never found time apparently to
complete).

> And as to the other two programs, their free versions have limitations.
> Thanks
> anyway.

Limitations indeed in maximum size. However, you can overcome that
limitation by using the height_fields as functions and applying a little
warp to them. Trick offered to us by Kirk Andrews IIRC. Example:
#declare F_HF =
function {
  pigment {
    image_map {