POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New computer... Wish me luck : Re: New computer... Wish me luck Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New computer... Wish me luck
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2010 12:54:01
Message: <4b7adbb9$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
> 1 x Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
> Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Does anyone ever get even close to 3Gb/s on their hard drive? I have SATA
drives and I get about 80MB (340Mb/s). I have a hard time believing that
Linux has 5x overhead writing to a hard drive.  Is there some SATA card I
don't know of that's significantly faster than the bus I have or something?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do