POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Most up to date landscape generator ? : Re: Most up to date landscape generator ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most up to date landscape generator ?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Feb 2010 04:13:03
Message: <4b7a619f$1@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4b78843993a56a007b7aad0a0@news.povray.org...
> Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

>> Tom trees is arguably one of the best tree maker you can find. Great to
>> crate individual trees.
>
> By "arguably[...]individual trees" do you mean that they will be too heavy
> for
> big forests? and should be complemented with another software for
> background
> trees? any idea which one?

TomTree makes trees out of blobs. If you want to use meshes, POVTree is what
you need. It uses TomTree for generating the trees and exports to POV-Ray
either as blobs or as meshes. However, Gena Obukov's site (the creator of
POVTree) seems to have disappeared and I wonder if the application is still
available....

You might be interested to try out also World Machine:
http://www.world-machine.com/index.html and GeoControl
http://www.geocontrol2.com/e_index.htm

Thomas