POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Brain fail : Re: Brain fail Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brain fail
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2010 01:08:44
Message: <4b7a366c$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> Sure. I just didn't find it interesting, given there *are* CAs that
>> are known to be (and easily provable to be) turing complete.
>
> Personally I find it interesting, but interesting in a "ok, that's sort
> of neat" way rather than as providing any sort of fundamental insight. I
> basically agree with your assessment otherwise though.

Well, yeah. I mean, it was interesting that something as simple as a tiny
linear CA could be made turing complete without actually obviously emulating
a machine. I didn't find it "fundamentally" interesting. Certainly not
something I'd call a "new science" for example. I.e., I think I'm agreeing
with you.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do