POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Brain fail : Re: Brain fail Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brain fail
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Feb 2010 16:26:08
Message: <4b79bbf0$1@news.povray.org>
>> 1. It seems a logical and intuitive result.
>
> Uh, no?

Intuitive is in the eye of the beholder, is it not? Besides, you just
said yourself that there are CAs which are known to be Turing-complete;
why not this particular one?

>> 2. Nobody has disproved it.
>
> That's not how math works.  "Hey, P=NP!   Well, nobody disproved it."

Nobody has proved it either.

A question which hasn't been proven one way or the other is an open problem.

A question which has a proof one way, and would require only a single
counter-example to disprove the other way, I think can be considered proven.

Unless you're talking about the 4-colour problem...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/