POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : memory problem with radiosity : Re: memory problem with radiosity Server Time
6 Jul 2024 07:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: memory problem with radiosity
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2010 20:00:41
Message: <4b789cb9$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Read up on the subject in a textbook or Wikipedia or Google it.

I wasn't going to argue it, but you keep bringing it up. Different people
call it different things. Wikipedia points "virtual addressing" and "virtual
memory" at the same page, and it's quite possible to have either one without
the other, so they've simplified.  I don't really care what you call it.
And yes, I've read many a textbook on the topic, so I'll take the textbooks
I read while getting a Ph.D., written by people who actually design modern
CPUs, as more authoritative than Wikipedia, but thanks for playing.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do