POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 35a performance question : Re: 35a performance question Server Time
3 Jul 2024 16:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 35a performance question
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Feb 2010 16:21:28
Message: <4b786958@news.povray.org>
On 14.02.10 22:11, GraemeM wrote:
> I only have the scenes provided in 3.6.2 at the moment, however the next file
> shows a definite performance improvement with 3.7 and even better with SSE2.
>
> patio-radio.pov

LOL, I have to say you really have a lot of bad luck with the sample scenes
you pick :-)

This scene uses radiosity, an experimental feature changed significantly in
3.7, and is not suitable for comparing 3.6 and 3.7 render times. Best try
some of the more "simple" scenes (without radiosity and photons), though
most don't render that long any more on modern systems.

	Thorsten