POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Most up to date landscape generator ? : Re: Most up to date landscape generator ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most up to date landscape generator ?
From: Alain
Date: 14 Feb 2010 14:04:11
Message: <4b78492b$1@news.povray.org>

> Hello, to all, I'm browsing and searching for free solutions to generate
> landscapes, preferably easy to use. I currently found:
> -Genesis Toolkit
> http://www.schrammel.org/genesis.php?l=en
It looks like the last version dates back to 1998.

> -tierra project
> http://www.schrammel.org/genesis.php?l=en
Wrong url...

> For the trees:
> -Tom Tree
> http://www.aust-manufaktur.de/austt.html
>

> Is there anything else really uefull?

Tom trees is arguably one of the best tree maker you can find. Great to
crate individual trees.

For the terrains, you can try Terragen. Both versions, 1 and 2, are free
for personal, non-comercial, use. You can get it here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk

Alain