POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? : Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? Server Time
17 Jun 2024 02:35:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much?
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Feb 2010 17:04:15
Message: <4b7721df$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> You are assuming that only useless and naive people who can't find other
> work would be the only ones to do public service.

The vast majority of all military people I've spoken to are in it because
they want to "serve". Certainly Schwartzenegger didn't need the money either.

>> If I can legitimately make $1M a year, why would I take a $10K bribe?
> There are plenty who do.  Why?  Because they can.

And people are stupid. Like people who take bribes in the form of real
estate.  Consider: the only way to give someone real estate is to record it
publicly in the county recorder's office where, by definition, everyone can
see it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do