POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Brain fail : Re: Brain fail Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brain fail
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Feb 2010 11:39:40
Message: <4b75844c$1@news.povray.org>
Captain Jack wrote:

> This is an incredibly important life lesson: the complexity of a phenomenon
> is utterly disconnected from the number of syllables needed to describe it.

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58_s6r7PaKo

It's just a swinging pendulum, after all...

Exhibit B: Rule 30 can be stated in 8 equations. Oh, did I mention? It's
Turing-complete. It can compute any computable function.

Note also that simple /= easy.

x^5 - x + 1 = 0 is "simple". Now try solving it...

Similarly, the Waltz is "simple". Try dancing it sometime; you'll
discover that it's surprisingly difficult, despite being so simple.