POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strength : Re: Strength Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strength
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 10 Feb 2010 05:20:56
Message: <4b728888@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> Hmm, interesting. I wouldn't have expected that to work.
>>
>> What, that a car has more weight on the front wheels than the back?
>
> Possibly, once you've got the back wheels up on a ramp. ;-)
>
> I meant more that I wouldn't have expected to be able to just completely
> disregard 3/4 the weight of the object just because I'm only looking at
> one wheel.

The suspension of the car does play a part here. They are designed to
keep all four wheels on the ground, and as flat as possible, when going
through a corner. If the weight of the car started shifting around every
time you moved the center of mass on the interior or went into a banked
corner just a bit too fast, the car would not be very stable at all.