POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strength : Re: Strength Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strength
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Feb 2010 11:10:14
Message: <4b7188e6$1@news.povray.org>
>> Not obese, no. Also not fit. My arms contain very little muscle, and
>> attempting to lift 100 Kg using only my arms operating in an unusual
>> direction is pretty much beyond my current capabilities.
>
> You make it sound harder than it is :-)

No, actually putting it in writing makes it sound significantly *easier*
than it is.

> First off you are probably not lifting 100kg when you do pushups,
> because a good part of your weight is supported by your feet. I think
> less than 70% of your weight is more accurate. Even less if you do them
> on your knees (which you should probably try).

Well, just for giggles, I did have a go at a pushup a little earlier
today. I can get my head a few milimeters off the floor, but that's
about it. My neck and shoulders can't take much more than that, never
mind the unability of my arms to supply sufficient power. (And ignoring
the increased blood pressure to my head...)

> And the arms are not in an unusual position when you do that exercise.
> They are very well made to operate in front of your torso :-)

Sure. And I can lift fairly heavy loads in an *upwards* direction. But
pushing forwards is a pretty unusual configuration.

> Read this book for more fun :-D

http://www.lulu.com/product/t%C3%A9l%C3%A9chargement/the-little-book-of-push-ups/6102671

"Fortunately, it is almost impossible to injure yourself while doing
basic pushups."

LMAO! WTF?