POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strength : Re: Strength Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strength
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 9 Feb 2010 10:58:58
Message: <4b718642$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Not obese, no. Also not fit. My arms contain very little muscle, and
> attempting to lift 100 Kg using only my arms operating in an unusual
> direction is pretty much beyond my current capabilities.

You make it sound harder than it is :-)
First off you are probably not lifting 100kg when you do pushups,
because a good part of your weight is supported by your feet. I think
less than 70% of your weight is more accurate. Even less if you do them
on your knees (which you should probably try).

And the arms are not in an unusual position when you do that exercise.
They are very well made to operate in front of your torso :-) For a more
unusual position try the reverse push ups, with the belly facing up
instead of down...

Read this book for more fun :-D

http://www.lulu.com/product/t%C3%A9l%C3%A9chargement/the-little-book-of-push-ups/6102671

--