POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why we have juries : Re: Why we have juries Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why we have juries
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Feb 2010 23:58:43
Message: <4b70eb83$1@news.povray.org>
m1j wrote:
> Each state is to some extent sovereign and separate.

Indeed, the states all started off sovereign and then banded together in the
federal system.

Not unlike the nations in europe and the EU in modern times. If one moves
from France to Germany, I don't imagine Germany would tell France of all
your future moves, etc.

It's only relatively recently (like, since the early 1900's or so) that the
federal government has been more powerful than the states here.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do