POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why we have juries : Re: Why we have juries Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why we have juries
From: Warp
Date: 8 Feb 2010 13:14:08
Message: <4b705470@news.povray.org>
DungBeatle <dun### [at] moscowcom> wrote:
> Seems Finland has had two of them...

  Probably a lot more than two, although...

> From Wikipedia:

> Finland:
> The first population census was taken in 1749 when Finland was a part
> of Sweden. The most recent census took place on December 31, 2000.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census#Finland

... I honestly don't know what's referring to. I have never seen any kind
of "census" in any shape or form in my life. In Finland the role of the
"census" is filled by your legal duty to report when you move to another
address.

  Historically there have probably been censuses in the classical format,
but not in a rather long time, AFAIK.

--
                                                          - Warp