POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Probability question : Re: Probability question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Probability question
From: scott
Date: 8 Feb 2010 08:07:27
Message: <4b700c8f$1@news.povray.org>
> So are you *really* trying to estimate coin flips? Or is there some more
> complex problem you're trying to solve here?

Not really more complex, just a game that is played repeatedly and you have
a certain % chance of winning (say 57%).  I just want to know if you play
10,100, 1000 times what is the *likely* number of wins in some kind of worst
case and best case scenario.  ie it's obviously possible to win every single
game, but that is *really* unlikely, I want to know how many you'd win with
90% or 99% confidence.