POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why we have juries : Re: Why we have juries Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why we have juries
From: Warp
Date: 7 Feb 2010 16:38:24
Message: <4b6f32d0@news.povray.org>
> >   In Finland there would be no need for that. The government knows every
> > single citizen and can call them (for whatever) if needed.

> It must make things much easier to have a government that's trusted. :-)

  Distrust in the government and the government knowing all citizens are
not mutually exclusive things.

  It would be rather difficult, and foolish, to try to have a child
without the government knowing. (It would be foolish because you would
be forgoing child support, tons of free services, and making your child's
life a nightmare later.)

--
                                                          - Warp