POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Illumination : Re: Illumination Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illumination
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Feb 2010 14:01:21
Message: <4b6dbc81$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/6/2010 1:36 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> When it stops making heat, you boil/microwave it again
>
> The instructions specifically tell you to *not* microwave them. There's
> a metal strip in there, remember?

Actually, you don't want to leave one in too long, since it will
overheat and puncture, but you can do it. And, most of the problems from
small amounts of metal in microwaves are not an issue any more. Large
amounts, or for a really long time however... In this case, the metal is
inside, so any discharge/heat just goes into the medium itself (you just
don't want to drop it in there for longer than say 30 seconds, or it
could possibly cause a problem. The one we have allowed for it.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();