POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Proof : Re: Proof Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proof
From: Warp
Date: 6 Feb 2010 06:42:02
Message: <4b6d558a@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aoldotcom> wrote:
> Reminds me that one of my maths teachers, at high school, once wrote an
> equation on the blackboard and said ???It is obvious that??????  Looked at the
> board again, left the room, came back 15 minutes later and said ???Yes, it
> is obvious that...???

  Many teachers of technical subjects have their odd and funny quirks. The
higher the school level, the more likely. This is especially true at
university level, probably because a professorship is a more or less permanent
tenure (at least in many countries) and they don't have to worry too much
about getting fired (this is done intentionally because it's seen as
promoting free and radical thinking without the fear of losing their jobs).

  (Of course this can have negative side-effects as well. You hear all the
time stories about university professors spending an antire lecture ranting
about politics, especially in the US, even though the course subject has
absolutely nothing to do about that (eg. it's a math or physics course).)

--
                                                          - Warp