POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I am now a member... : Re: I am now a member... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am now a member...
From: Tom Austin
Date: 5 Feb 2010 09:41:42
Message: <4b6c2e26$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/4/2010 9:40 PM, Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 02/04/10 07:58, Tom Austin wrote:
>> I was out of school 12 years before taking it.
>>
>> I had a LOT of studying to do, but I passed without trouble - tho I
>> don't know by how much.
>
> 	You may have passed without too much studying. Or perhaps some states
> are more demanding. I'm sure I got lots of wrong answers. I had no idea
> what a lot of the questions even meant.
>
> 	My undergrad university (fairly low ranked) had a perfect pass rate for
> many years. It just wasn't a tough exam.

My understanding is that the exam is basically the same in all states.

I believe that you typically have to only get just more than 50% of the
questions right to pass the exam - tho that can be a challenge.

I don't think the exam is designed to be really hard - it's designed to
weed out the people who just can't cut being an engineer.

If you look at the pass rates -
~75% of first time takers pass.
less than 30% of repeat takers pass.

Those who don't pass it the first time usually don't pass it on the
second or third times.  Sure, you have those who had a bad day during
the exam - those are likely the ones in the %30 who eventually pass.

I just need to get my butt in gear to start studying for the PE exam
that I'm signed up for in 2 months.....