POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car : Re: New car Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New car
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Feb 2010 07:53:58
Message: <4b6c14e6$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> Ah, I dunno

Give in?

I had just started my test and had stopped at traffic lights in the
outside lane of a dual carriageway. Ding-a-ling, ding-a-ling I saw a
fire engine approaching me at speed in my rear view mirror. I told the
driving tester that I was going to move into the gap between the

follow me, turning right. The road ahead was too narrow for him to
overtake me if I pulled into the side. So I told the tester that I was
going up on the pavement. After the tender had passed, the tester told
me to put the car back onto the road and stop after taking the next
turning. He then asked me to do a three point turn and a couple of easy
questions. I thought that he was just going through the motions. He then
said that I had passed and never mentioned the fire engine at all. The
whole test lasted less than 15 minutes.
I have dined out on that story for years :-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen