POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car : Re: New car Server Time
8 Oct 2024 19:43:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New car
From: scott
Date: 5 Feb 2010 03:26:15
Message: <4b6bd627$1@news.povray.org>
> About the only thing that can go wrong with a tray-load drive is if the
> disk isn't sitting in it properly, and it gets mashed when the tray tries
> to shut.

Or if, for example, as the tray was closing you went over a little bump and
the CD moved...  Or worse you are carefully trying to press the CD into the
tray when you go over a bigger bump and you snap the tray right off!

FWIW I've had a slot load CD drive in every one of my cars (I nabbed my
dad's old one for my Pug 205!) and never had any issue with them damaging or
scratching discs.