POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car : Re: Beautiful safety warnings Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beautiful safety warnings
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 4 Feb 2010 13:52:20
Message: <4b6b1764$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> What I liked most was the warning to never put the seatbelt under your
> arm or behind your back. It seems so *ludicrously* obvious that this
> will result in horrifying bodily injury that I cannot believe anybody
> would do something so stupid...
>
> ...and yet, they bothered to print the warning, so...

That's a warning I'd remove, to let natural selection do its job.

> I also liked the warning to never leave children unattended inside the
> car. Yeah, LIKE ANYBODY IS TAKING ANY NOTICE OF THAT ONE! Still, I guess
> the idea isn't really to keep children safe, but to protect Renault from
> lawsuits. ;-)

I read about a man who had to do something at work on a weekend. It was
supposed to be pretty quick (a 5 minute thing). He was in the car with his
child (presumably to go somewhere else afterwards). He actually spent *three
hours* inside the office. When he came back, the kid was dead.

Temperature inside the car, which was receiving direct and strong sunlight
and had no open windows: 50°C.