POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The FSF refuses to answer my questions about LGPL : Re: The FSF refuses to answer my questions about LGPL Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The FSF refuses to answer my questions about LGPL
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Feb 2010 00:33:33
Message: <4b6a5c2d$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:07:33 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   Their response said: "I understand from your description that you are
> proprietary software developer. If I am wrong in this understanding,
> please correct me. [...] We offer our services by paid consultation to
> non-free software developers."

"No, you're right, I do develop proprietary software professionally, but
I'm looking to participate in a free software development project on my
own time and want to clearly understand the license."

Unless, of course, you want to use LGPL code in a proprietary package, in
which case, their request doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Jim