POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The FSF refuses to answer my questions about LGPL : Re: The FSF refuses to answer my questions about LGPL Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The FSF refuses to answer my questions about LGPL
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Feb 2010 19:42:05
Message: <4b6a17dd$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Apparently their concept of "free" doesn't extend to people
> developing "non-free" software.

You hadn't already figured that out? :-) If they wanted free software to be
usable by commercial developers, they wouldn't have made the GPL. They would
have stuck with really-free software.

That said, I'm surprised they're willing to give you legal advice for that
little, let alone without paying them at all.  I wonder how it would be
delivered: From a lawyer? If so, that's cheap for advice coming from the
lawyers of the only people who would be interested in suing you. If not,
then it sounds like they may very well be "practicing law without a license."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do