POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The question continues Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question continues
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Feb 2010 15:29:09
Message: <4b69dc95$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:53:30 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I can barely believe that that actually works...

And yet here we are. :-)

> Anyway, I'd expect the figures to vary by subject area and region. (The
> Prospects survey apparently covers mainly jobs in London, and everything
> in London is 8x more expensive, so I guess people get paid more.)

Cost of living is certainly a factor - I make pretty good money in Utah,
but I could barely live on my salary in San Francisco (and own a house).

> Whatever, it's no secret that I'm underpaid.

True - but as we've said before, when you look for a new job, don't use
your current pay as an assumed base, especially when considering where
you can afford to live.  Your current salary has no bearing on that -
it's what you'll make in the new job that has the most bearing on what
you'll be able to afford.

Jim