POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Feb 2010 02:15:24
Message: <4b69228c$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:17:36 -0800, DungBeatle wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>> I convinced him to tell me anyways, and promised not to
> tell anyone from
>> the organization who asked how I got help.  But it was one
> of the
>> stranger support conversations I've ever had.--Jim
>
> That was pretty cool of him. The last time I called my ISP for support I
> finally said that the fix for my problem will take the right person less
> than one minute to correct it, find that person. Until then, I would not
> shotgun any changes... The right guy called me back the next day, 30
> seconds... Bingo!

Yeah, another reason why I stick with my ISP; I could do faster with
cable, but the service terms for Comcast are not really to my benefit; my
ISP basically agreed that their TOS were "we lease you a pipe; what you
do with it is your business as long as it isn't illegal or disrupting
other customers".

One of the *best* companies I've ever worked with for support is
Bindview.  I could pick up the phone and be talking to a breathing person
within 5 minutes.  What's more, the person had deep knowledge of the
product, could understand what I wanted no matter how complex my request
was, and if s/he didn't know the answer, they'd call back within 30
minutes with an answer from the developer.  Every single time, without
fail.

And if the need I had wasn't in the product, there was a better than 50%
chance that it was entered in as an enhancement request for the next
product release - which we would get at no charge, and probably would be
within the next 6 months at the most.

Pricey product, but it paid for itself in 6 months.....

Jim