POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Feb 2010 02:10:22
Message: <4b69215e@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:10:53 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I love working at home for this reason - far fewer distractions.
>
> I don't have a job, but I can tell you that for me, "working"* from home
> doesn't mean less distractions. My mom has the radio on all day, my dad
> sometimes works from home (<5 meters away from me) and talks loudly on
> the phone.

Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone - if I had small children around
the house, it wouldn't work for me either.  It does help, though, that I
have noise-canceling headphones that I can put on when things are a bit
busier than usual.  Just put some tunes on and dive in.  I sometimes lose
track of time, though, when I do that.

Jim