POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 2 Feb 2010 20:59:53
Message: <4b68d899@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Now that the IT Director is gone, I'm going to make a serious attempt to
> get permission to take my disaster recovery plan home with me.
> (Obviously, being written as part of my job, my employer owns the IP for
> that, so I need written permission to disclose it outside the company.)
> I think it's a damn fine piece of writing - and I have the likes of
> Roche and Pfizer agreeing with me.

Well, I think you should change the text so it doesn't actually explain the
specific case of your company. You get to publish your writing but not the
details of your company's backup system. Randomize some numbers, for a start
:P

As for the writing, what you need is for its copyright to be owned by you
and not your employer. I have no idea how hard it'd be to convince them of
that, though.