POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Feb 2010 19:31:13
Message: <4b68c3d1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> the guy gave an answer based on his
> own expertise?

If he gave a *wrong* answer based on his own expertise in the name of the
company, I can see that.

Someone calls up, says they deleted a file by mistakae, helpdesk says "run
this undelete program" and it screws their entire filesystem, perhaps.

In the USA (for reasons I won't get into here) there's what's called "strict
liability" for products. If something happens that your product caused,
you're responsible for it. If the toaster burns down your house, it's the
fault of the toaster maufacturer.  So I can see this being more of a problem
here than in countries where common sense works.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do