POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: DungBeatle
Date: 2 Feb 2010 19:17:11
Message: <4b68c087$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b68bdbe@news.povray.org...
>   How can you sue a company on the grounds that the tech
support didn't
> give a template answer and instead the guy gave an answer
based on his
> own expertise? If the template answer would have been
unhelpful, then
> there's no grounds for a lawsuit, but if the answer was
not a ready-made
> one, then there is?
>
>   Which law codifies this?

Ya got me, I just figure it took some serious pressure to
cause the help desk to have to work under such restrictions.
That usually indicates a legal battle. So I was just
guessing. I figure if some help desk person provides a
solution that results in the loss of data or devices, I can
see an end user trying legal action... Just for example, I
received instructions from a help desk person who told me
how to plug in the cables to my router. He had me hook them
up backwards and it blew the router. I would have sued them
in small claims if they hadn't replaced the router... And
they did.