POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 2 Feb 2010 18:33:39
Message: <4b68b653$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Why would they do that? Who does it benefit? Why would a company
> actively *forbid* a tech support person from giving an answer he
> knows fits the question best and instead *force* him to give an
> irrelevant answer? What for?

I suppose that it helps ensure a uniform quality of service, although
more to the point I think it means that they don't believe that their
support people are good enough to answer questions on their own.  For
instance, let's say you'd outsourced your support to a third party which
was very cheap, but you have doubts as to their ability.  In such a case
it might make sense to force the use of templated answers so as to
replace an embarrassing shoddy chaos of customer support with a mere
soul-crushing bureaucracy.