POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday's WTF moment : Re: Friday's WTF moment Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday's WTF moment
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Feb 2010 18:24:39
Message: <4b68b437$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:55:30 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> You give some good advice - but I'm far more focused on getting out of
> this job and into a real one. Once I've left this company, its petty
> politics won't matter any more. (I'll have a whole new set of power
> battles to lose! Yay, me...)

It never hurts to do a little but of both - absolutely keep focus on
getting out, but if you can part on good terms, then the new finance
director can be a good reference for you down the road - and since his
area involves government compliance and you have expertise in that area,
having him as a reference in the future might be useful down the road.

The petty politics won't matter, but the reference could end up being
worth its weight in gold. :-)

Jim