POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car : Re: New car Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New car
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Feb 2010 13:41:06
Message: <4b6871c2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Funny, I usually take about 10 rental cars per year and I don't recall
> any of them ever having 4 gears, even when I picked the absolute
> cheapest one they offered.  Can you give any examples?

It's the age of the car. Go try to find a 64GB disk drive on the shelves
today.  As technology progressed, more gears got easier to build in, so they
did. It makes the ride smoother (on an automatic) and more efficient on a
manual.

I tended to skip gears when I had a manual transmission, often going from 2
to 4 for example.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do