POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: DungBeatle
Date: 2 Feb 2010 12:13:26
Message: <4b685d36$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> Yep, it's so difficult to get your train of thought back
(and some
> studies show it can take a half hour to get back to the
frame of mind you
> were in when you were interrupted).

Having several source files open, making global changes is
the worst time. There have been times where someone walks
in, blabbing about this or that, and I'd just close all the
files and start over. And it's not like I have all these
buddies coming in to talk, no, it's always some idiot who
can't configure a browser to allow popup windows to open...
It's always best to ask a programmer those questions, you
know... Don't call the help desk... :)

> I love working at home for this reason - far fewer
distractions.
> Jim

After 20 years, I finally got an unlisted work phone number.
The phone I have doesn't ring and goes immediatley to
message. But I'd much rather work at home and could do that,
but I drive the wife to work (same employer) every day. When
I retire...

~db