POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: scott
Date: 2 Feb 2010 08:29:46
Message: <4b6828ca$1@news.povray.org>
> The main problem I see with email exchanges is this:  people don't like to
> read.
>
> Nerds like you and me, yes, general population, no.  Doesn't matter if you
> have
> a clear text with everything needed covered and explained in minute
> detail:
> people just won't read and will eventually phone you to talk "about the
> email".

IME this is usually because the person you sent it to has other things to do
that they consider more important.  So many times I have called someone and
asked if they read the email - "oh, i glanced over it but haven't taken it
in yet".  If you understand this concept then you understand why a lot of
things in the world work the way they do.

> Hate the phone.

Me too, but I know when it needs to be used.

> Hate dumb people.

Only if they are trying to a job which they are not skilled enough for, and
then I really don't hate them, just the manager that put them there.