POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The question continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question continues
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Feb 2010 06:01:29
Message: <4b680609$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I think
> it's more to do with culture here, in that it seems (with my very
> limited sample size!) that more people are willing to pay for things to
> be done properly, and won't choose a cheaper alternative that is of
> lower quality.  This results in some products simply not being available
> because there is no demand for them, and probably contributes to the way
> things are designed in the first place.

Ah, I see.

Most people I've met see only the price tag. Yes it's nice to have a
better product, but look at the price tag...

I think I mentioned at some point the horrifyingly low levels of
customer service that most companies provide. Most people wouldn't
switch to another provider to get better service, only to get a lower
price. Three guesses where that lower price comes from.

Personally, I'm one of those people who doesn't mind paying more money
if I actually get a better product. Then again, I shop at John Lewis, so
apparently I'm crazy.