POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The question continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question continues
From: scott
Date: 2 Feb 2010 05:49:05
Message: <4b680321@news.povray.org>
>> Even between Germany and UK it is very different (eg Engineers get paid
>> about 50% more in Germany).
>
> Is this why Germany is legendary for having some of the best engineering
> in the world?

I don't think so, most Germans don't realise that they are getting paid more
than people in the UK (and vice-versa I would imagine).  I think it's more
to do with culture here, in that it seems (with my very limited sample
size!) that more people are willing to pay for things to be done properly,
and won't choose a cheaper alternative that is of lower quality.  This
results in some products simply not being available because there is no
demand for them, and probably contributes to the way things are designed in
the first place.