POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday's WTF moment : Re: Friday's WTF moment Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday's WTF moment
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Feb 2010 04:34:34
Message: <4b67f1aa$1@news.povray.org>
>> As I say, as far as I can tell, nobody was upset with him, they just
>> wanted to reduce the payroll bill...
>
> There may well have been something going on that just wasn't apparent
> from that far away.

This is also entirely possible.

> This could be a good thing for you. :-)

Well... my boss is now the Director of Finance. (The Director of IT used
to report directly to him. Now the whole IT group reports directly to
him.) He knows nothing about computers. (I've met him in meatspace.
Trust me, he knows *nothing* about computers!) And he knows even less
about how to operate a computer system in the minefield of government
regulations. (But then, the Director of IT didn't really grok that fully
either - much to my dismay.)

So it's probably going to be quite quiet around here for a while. I
imagine now all the various IT people will crawl back into their
seperate little holes and just do their own thing independently - like
they did before we hired this guy...