POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The question continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question continues
From: scott
Date: 2 Feb 2010 04:33:28
Message: <4b67f168$1@news.povray.org>
> You're looking in the wrong place. I made something like $35k *after*
> taxes upon graduating from college, at a company no better off than yours.
> In 1985. And this wasn't in a big bustling city either.

You're on the other side of the world, you can't really compare.  For
example Andrew gets free healthcare and probably a lot more paid vacation
than you did there, not to mention the cost of living, taxes etc.  Even
between Germany and UK it is very different (eg Engineers get paid about 50%
more in Germany).