POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The question continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question continues
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Feb 2010 00:18:07
Message: <4b67b58f@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:41:16 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> The rule ostensibly being to prevent people griping to the boss about
> someone else getting a raise.

Well, yeah, and some people get really touchy about it.  I worked with a
guy several years ago who found out the department's administrative
assistant made more than he did; he asked me how I felt about it (never
mind the fact that I probably made more than both of them anyways, but if
I didn't, I really didn't care), and I said "good for her!" - which
caught him quite off-guard.

I don't see salaries as a competition; never have.  There's a difference,
though, between being paid competitively and being paid unfairly, so I
look to the industry averages for a point of comparison, never my co-
workers (as if I could anyways).

Jim