POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The question continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question continues
From: Warp
Date: 1 Feb 2010 15:28:06
Message: <4b673956@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > and "a unix OS" means "behaves like Unix", not
> > "has code from the original Unix".

> Wouldn't most any POSIX-compliant OS fit this definition?

  Well, given that POSIX is defined as a family of standards which define
the API and command-line utilities for software compatible with Unix, I'd
say it's more or less the whole point (ie. that a POSIX-compliant OS could
be considered a Unix variant).

  (After all, the acronym itself contains the word "unix".)

--
                                                          - Warp