POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unicode : Re: Unicode Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unicode
From: TC
Date: 1 Feb 2010 12:37:23
Message: <4b671153@news.povray.org>
>> appropriate set. The range can be 0 through 255 for SBCS characters
>> and -32768 through 65535 for DBCS characters.
>
>  Does that mean it skips some characters?

I was using this stuff a year ago to be able to produce properly encoded
files for Google Maps. Worked for me, so case closed.

I did not try and so I don't know for sure. I would guess negative numbers
map to 32767+. Maybe this is an error in Microsoft's documentation. It
seemed strange to me, too, but I did not use negative numbers, so why
bother?

MS is somewhat notorious for misleading and faulty docs. I remember somebody
saying that the docs for MS WinWord were less a manual but more a work of
fiction. ;-)