POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The question continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question continues
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2010 12:28:24
Message: <4b670f38$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:44:12 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Here's the thing I don't get: On one of these sites, when you fill out a
> search form, you're required to specify the minimum AND MAXIMUM salary
> you will accept.
>
> Why the **** would you have a *maximum* salary? WTF?

I don't really get that either.  Unless it's for tax purposes - for
example, if I move to the UK and get a job, if I make more than $80,000
per year (I think it is), then as a US citizen, I owe the US government
income taxes, even if I'm not living in the US.  So I might want to cap
my income below that so I don't have to mess with hiring an accountant to
figure out how much tax I owe to whom.

Jim