POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday's WTF moment : Re: Friday's WTF moment Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday's WTF moment
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2010 08:13:20
Message: <4b66d370$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Oh... my god.
>
> And five minutes ago, I got a phone call telling my that... my boss...
> no longer works for this company. O_O

According to the guy in charge of the UK site, "that's just the way
Americans do business. The employment laws are quite different over there."

Oh, and apparently one of our sales staff has also been fired for
failing to produce enough sales.

(Now I could be wrong about this, but I got the impression that in our
line of work, contracts are won by sales staff trawling up and down the
country and getting clients familiar with their face and the products we
offer. So if we keep changing sales staff every five minutes, we're
basically preventing anybody building up the necessary rapport to get
clients to sign... But hey, what do I know about marketing?)