POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unicode : Re: Unicode Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unicode
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2010 07:58:49
Message: <4b66d009$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I guess I'm in the minority then, by only using ^ for the power operator

Shouldn't that technically be "↑"? It's just that the original ASCII
standard included "^" (why?) but not "↑". Or that's how I heard it. In
books it's usually written as a superscript or as "↑", but never, ever
as "^" except in programming languages...

> and as the reference thingy in .net.

...which use it because of the historic ASCII standard.