POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unicode : Re: Unicode Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unicode
From: Warp
Date: 31 Jan 2010 17:10:45
Message: <4b65ffe4@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
> >  Alt+<+>+<xxxx>, where xxxx is the hexadecimal Unicode code point,
> > generates a Unicode-encoded (UTF-16) character."

  If Windows takes the raw Unicode value (as entered by the user) and
encodes it in UTF-16 before passing it to the application, that would
mean that the application must understand UTF-16 as its input from (what
it perceives as) the keyboard.

  Which programs actually support that? (And why UTF-16, of all possible
Unicode encoding formats?)

  (An alternative to this is that the person who wrote that sentence has
no idea what he's talking about, unless I'm understanding incorrectly the
whole process involved.)

--
                                                          - Warp