POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unicode : Re: Unicode Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unicode
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 31 Jan 2010 13:08:31
Message: <4b65c71f$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> If you know the code number, it's some keyboard escape, like holding
> down the alt key while typing on the numeric keypad or something.

Sure. But there are zillions of Unicode characters you might want to
use. (I forget how many accented vowels there are. And then there's all
the mathematical symbols that somebody like me might use...)

> If you don't, the application under Windows is called "Character Map",
> and I think it's under Accessories in pre-Vista windows.

Right. I guess that's probably the least clunky way to do things...

And of course, a decent text editor will allow you to bind shortcuts to
commonly used Unicode characters. [Now to go find "a decent text editor"
before somebody tells me to start using Emacs. :-P ]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/